FreeHEP Java Library
Components and Tools for Java
- September 28, 2005, CERNLibAdapter 3.0.6 released.
- October 27, 2004: AIDAJNI version 3.2.3 released.
- July 9, 2004: AIDAJNI version 3.2.2 released.
- March 3, 2004: New Forum Site
is open!! Please join for discusssions on all our products.
- March 2, 2004: JAIDA version 3.2.1 and AIDAJNI version 3.2.1 released.
- December 11, 2003: version 1.2.2 released.
- December 5, 2003: VectorGraphics version 1.2.2 and PSViewer version
- November 26, 2003: AIDAJNI version 3.2.0 released and
FreeHEP Announce Mailing list created.
- October 18, 2003: JAIDA version 3.2.0 and AIDAJNI version 3.0.4 released.
- June 5, 2003: version 1.2.1 released.
- May 17, 2003: version 1.2 released.
- March 24-28, 2003: FreeHEP @ CHEP03
- March 20, 2003: version 1.1 released.
The goal of the FreeHEP library is to encourage the sharing and reuse of Java
code in High Energy Physics. Although some of the code is fairly specific to HEP,
other code is more generic and could be used by anyone. To maximize reuse we
strive to keep the dependencies between various packages in the FreeHEP library
to a minimum, so you can use which ever parts interest you without being forced
to use the entire library.
The FreeHEP Java library is an "Open Source" library distributed
under the terms of the LGPL.
The best way to get to know the library and its components is to have a look
at the Demonstrations, browse the
API documentation or look at the
Status pages of the packages. Several
components have their own descriptions, see below. For an overview you may want
to check out the Publications and Talks page.
- Application Framework
- A set of classes to build your own Java application with easy setup of
menus, plugin capabilities, etc... (see
- A compiler to compile Abstract Interface Definitions into header files and
interfaces for different target languages (C++, Java).
- The Java reference implementation of AIDA.
- The C++ wrapper to call a Java AIDA implementation from C++.
- Extensions to Streams and Writers of the java.io package.
- A PostScript viewer for separate use or embedding in an application.
- Vector Graphics
- A Image and Vector Graphics package which enables Java programs to generate
image and vector
graphics in a variety of formats including PDF, Postscript, EMF, SVG, SWF, PNG,
JPEG, etc. (see demo)
High Energy Physics specific
- A Generic Interface
Definition for HEP Event Display Representables.
- Abstract Interfaces for Data Analysis interfaces.
- Various HEP specific IO formats in Java including
Root and StdHEP (part of
The following mailing list is available for FreeHEP:
- freehep-java-announce Announcements of the FreeHEP Java Libraries
To subscribe/unsubscribe send a mail to
with the lines:
or for more information on mailing lists see:
If you have questions/comments/feedback please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org